STATEMENT OF FAITH
Voice for Christ Ministries, Inc.
1. We believe the Bible is the verbally inspired Word, revelation of God, inerrant, infallible and God-breathed. It shall be our guide in all matters of faith and conduct. (Ps. 19:7-11; II Tim 3:16-17; II Peter 1:16-21)
2. We believe in the triune Godhead, composed of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, co-existent, eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. (I John. 5:1-8)
3. We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and sinless life, that He is the incarnation of the Father, very God of very God, for Whom and by Whom all things were created, and that He is the Head of His body, the true church. (John. 1:1-14; II Cor. 5:21; Col. 1:18)
4. We believe in the substitutionary atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, that He, by the grace of God, tasted death for every man, and that all must be born again or are forever lost. (Heb. 2:9; John. 3:1-18; John 6:44-69; Heb. 9:26-28)
5. We believe in the physical resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, that He ascended bodily into the heavens and that He is now at the right hand of God as our mediator, priest, and advocate. (Acts 3:12-26; Heb. 9:24; I Cor. 15:12-18)
6. We believe in the universality and exceeding sinfulness of sin. (Ezk. 18:24; Rom. 3:10-26, 6:23, 7:13; I John. 1:9-10)
7. We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit for all Christians, one baptism, but many fillings. (Rom. 8:14-27; Eph. 5:18; I Cor. 12:12-13)
8. We believe in the personality of Satan and the reality of Satan. (Rev. 12:9-10; Matt. 4:2-11; Isa. 14:12-17)
9. We believe that all followers of the Lord Jesus Christ have eternal life and are expected to maintain good works. This involves separation from the sinful pleasures of the world system. (I John. 2:15-17; Eph. 4:1-32; Titus 2:1-15, 3:1-11)
10. We believe that heaven is a place of eternal blessedness and that hell is a place of eternal suffering. (II Cor. 5:1-10; Rev. 20:1-15,19:19-20)
11. We believe in the great Evangelistic Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matt. 28:16-20; Acts 1:8)
12. We believe in the personal, premillenial coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: (1) for His saints; (2) with His saints to reign a thousand years over this earth. (I Thes. 4:13-18; I Cor. 15:50-58; Rev. 19:19-20, 20:1-6)
13. We believe that baptism is scriptural and that a true believer should desire to follow the Lord in baptism in obedience to the Word of God. (Acts 2:41.8:12-13, 36-38)
14. We believe we are saved by faith. We cannot work for or earn our salvation. (Eph. 2:8-9)
POLICY ON TONGUES
Voice for Christ Ministries, Inc.has been called of God to present a united front against the Enemy, and a POSITIVE message of salvation and Biblical teaching (in every detail) to sinner and saint.
Through the years many experiences have led VFCM leaders to what we believe is a balanced, cautious approach to radical changes that are taking place today. We are not against change or sound Biblical application to contemporary life. We must be people who "understand our times," but neither do we accept any new changes which may not be applicable to the ministry to which God has called us. (1 John 4:1 ,1 1; Timothy 4:3,4)
Throughout Alaska, the "Tongues Movement" has been very divisive. As a Mission, we do not believe the basic concept of the "Tongues Movement" is applicable today, or in agreement with the teaching of God. We do not limit God to do what He wishes through any of His people today, but He does not operate through confusion, division, nor unbiblical emotionalism. (Proverbs 4:23)
We will not become the conscience for the individual in judging or condemning, but neither will we refuse the responsibility to carry out Biblical doctrine and practice as we believe God has revealed such to the VFCM family as a whole, and to the leadership in particular.
No candidate will be accepted with Voice for Christ Ministries, Inc. who holds to the necessity of salvation evidenced primarily by the "speaking in tongues."
No missionary may remain with Voice for Christ Ministries, Inc. who, subsequent to acceptance, finds the "speaking in tongues" a "must" in his or her personal experience and proceeds to become involved with the Movement, either by actual experience, or membership with any group which holds to this experience. (1 Corinthians 14:33)
The personnel of Voice for Christ Ministries, Inc. hold to the basic, cardinal doctrines of conservative Christianity. We believe in the assurance of eternal life, with the expected walk of holiness, separation unto God, and a love for Christ and the brethren. (1 Corinthians 15:57, 58)